Reflecta ProScan 7200 - Vertical Banding Issue

Модератор: Екип Лафче

Reflecta ProScan 7200 - Vertical Banding Issue

Postby spadekevin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:57 am

HI,

Is it normal for scans made on the Reflecta ProScan 7200 to have subtle vertical banding over plain areas, such as sky, particularly with denser negatives?I have just bought this scanner, and have noticed that my (particularly denser) film negatives appear to have some vertical banding, mostly on the left-hand side of the frame. It is only noticable with plainer areas, such as sky. In order to try to establish whether it is the scanner or the negative causing this issue, I scanned one frame of film normally, and then scanned the same frame of film but inserted it into the film strip holder upside down, and then rotated this image 180 degrees in Photoshop so that it appears the correct way up. The same vertical banding now appears on the right-hand side of the frame.What is slightly strange is that I cannot say that I have found any noticable vertical banding when scanning using the supplied Cyberview X5 software, only when using SilverFast Ai Studio 8 software (where I have the demo version installed, at present) can I notice any of this vertical banding. Having said that, the Cyberview scans are relatively pale and lack contrast, so such banding would be far less noticable.By the way, I am using the latest 'revised' film strip holder which comes with this scanner, which now incorporatesbevelled edges, and, I believe, a more matte-type finish, due to a well-documented problem of bad vertical streaks appearing on the extreme left and right hand sides of scans when using the original film strip holder. I do not believe that my particular issue is related to this. The film strip holder issue was caused by reflections bouncing off the shiny film strip holder (the revised holder now incorporating bevelled film frame edges, and also an overall matte-type finish, as far as I can see), and my issue, I would presume, is being caused by some sort of problem with calibration.I am in the process of getting my scanner replaced, but I am unsure as to whether I am to expect a certain amount of this vertical banding with all ProScan 7200's, due to the calibration aspect of these scanners never performing 'perfectly', and certainly not to the same standard as, say, your average high street lab.Let me be clear - this vertical banding is subtle, and you have to look fairly carefully to see it, but once you know it's there, it's hard not to notice it, if you know what I mean.Can anybody please help?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://www.filmscanner.biz/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=28844
Smart Gadget Video

Thanks!
spadekevin

Return to Филм